Angas Lawyers

Call 08 8223 4762

Property Division

We often hear “I just need a simple one page document to say that my partner is happy for me to keep the house as part of our separation.”

An informal agreement reached between two people to divide property after they have separated is not enforceable.  Either party can freely ignore the agreement.

There are only two ways to properly record such an agreement.  By consent orders of the court or a binding financial agreement.

If you need advice to help divide property after separation contact Angas Lawyers today.